TechSpot

another realtek ac97 audio question

By jvickr
Jul 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have recently built my own computer with this audio built into my motherboard. i have all the updated drivers but i experience very choppy and skippy audio, i DO have audio though, it just studders. the audio will play for a few seconds and then skip. any help is appreciated. oh and here are my specs, amd 3700+, 2 gigs of ram, bfg 7800gt, and a biostar tforce4SLI mobo.

2. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

Maybe you have too many other programs running,that are using up your memory/CPU ?
    Although looking at your specs that should not be a problem.

These could be legit programs or spyware programs.

Go into msconfig/start up and uncheck everything except firewall/AV

Look in the Task Manager and see if anything is running that doesn`t need to be running.
    On most people`s PCs,that`s at least half of them. :)

3. jvickr

jvickr TS Rookie Topic Starter

it might be flaws in my motherboard also, so im thinking of buying a cheap sound card

4. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

If it was a mobo problem,I think it would be causing trouble with many other things.

Please let us know if you find out the cause.Future readers are relying on you.:)

5. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 1,060

Try HERE For virus/spyware removal

Regards,

Korrupt

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.