Another victim to Spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I read some posts in here and followed the directions regarding Spyware/Malware removal.

I received the Spyware that caused a white "X" on top of a red circle with a pop-up message, "Windows has detected a spyware infection!" I got this infection after my sister plugged in her iPod. I thought she had one with viruses or malicious software that came with the unit when it was sold. Apparently, there was a few released after September 2006.

I downloaded, installed, and executed the recommended software (CCleaner, Malwwarebytes' Anti-Malware, SUPERAntispyware, and HijackThis). The "X" pop-up message is gone and I'm also able to use Windows Task Manager. Everything looks okay but I wanted to double check with you guys who are more experienced in PC technology than I.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Your Mbam Log says "No action taken". run mbam again and remove the threats that are found.
Post a New HJT log after Mam scan and remove, also post Mbam log.

Re-scan with new log files

So my computer clock is showing military time. How do I change that? Was that changed by a malicious software?

Military Time - use control panel
Control panel > regional & language options > regional options > customize > time

When you fix O4 entries, Hijackthis will not delete the files associated with the entry. Instead, you must delete these manually afterwards, usually by having the user first reboot into safe mode. File RENAME is another way to "remove" a file. (e.g.. exe >> exx). Complete deletion iwhen no loss of function is seen.
Code:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [cmdchk] C:\WINDOWS\system32\wvujmdsx.exe
No info found.  Recommend delete - unless it is known to you
When you fix o3 types of entries, HijackThis not delete the offending file listed. It is recommended that you reboot into safe mode and delete the offending file.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://my.netzero.net/s/sp?r=al&cf=...2726000000&D=1079596800000&I=4.0.5&N=PLOC&O=A
O3 - Toolbar: ZeroBar - {F0F8ECBE-D460-4B34-B007-56A92E8F84A7} - (no file)
It is a guess that o3 is related to netzero - no info found. Remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back