Anoying computer freeze!

Hey everyone I've got this PC problem for quite some time but I managed to fix it for a short period of time, but now I feel I can't do anymore..

I'm no expert or anything just a casual gamer so here's how I'm going to describe it:

It happens usually when I'm playing or running youtube videos or multitasking like tabbing between a game and yahoo or winamp or anything.
A weird sound starts coming out of the power supply and it's something that sounds exactly like "ffffsssssssssssssssssssssssssss" untill the computer freezez without any blue screen. It's not like an electric buzz it's more like a HDD running on high speeds. >.<

I have run a total disk defragmentation and it fixed for a cupple of days, then I have updated every single driver for every single piece of hardware I've got and the issue was gone for about 2 weeks but now it's back and then I have cleared out some 10 GB of space from one of my partitions, worked fine for 1 day then it came back...

Hope it all makes sense...
I'm just frustrated and I hope someone would help me out.
Thanks in advance.

I'd say the power supply is failing and if it dies hard, it could take other components with it. The PC is living on borrowed time. All of your activities so far do not address the problem. I would replace the power supply as soon as possible.

I think you're right it might be it as it makes weirder noises day by day, for examnle the last one was like a screech and a nasty "bzzt" along a screen flash.

I wonder if it's too late.

Still, how come the things I've done had a short time effect?
And why it wouldnt do the things it does during a film or while using my music mixing software because these also take quite alot of processing power.

Perhaps you have more than one problem or the power supply is already causing problems for other components. You might have voltage fluctuations or who knows what. One thing at a time then. The power supply definitely isn't supposed to make those noises. The first order of business is replace it and, if necessary, go from there.

I will look for a new one then.

1 hour ago I have carefully cleaned up the whole case and the inside of the powersupply and so far it seems to be running ok.

Back