Antec 300 build 

By Buckshot420
Apr 7, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Im building a simple PC and wanted to show some pics. I'm sure some of you use the Antec 300 case and I wanted to show that you can somewhat manage cables without cutting holes (though you will have a nicer looking inside with holes) and using only cable ties. Please, feel free to post your own Antec 300 case mods so i can get some ideas or leave a comment, thanks!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I added a window but you'll notice it's not just taped on the inside of the panel. I think it gives a much more professional look and Much more sturdy, not to mention this was my first window install :grinthumb

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I found a light and decided to put it in. Picture doesn't look as good.

[​IMG]
  2. Buckshot420

Buckshot420 TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 467

A buddy had a spare tube so i decided to throw it in. I guess some sleeving and shrinking will come next.
  3. Dawn1113

Dawn1113 TechSpot Booster Posts: 375   +64

That's a good-looking rig. Love that big window. Your lay out looks neat and tidy . Some sleeves would make it look even better. I used to have an Antec 300. My brother "sequestered" it when he built his rig. I always liked the understated looks of that case -- quite roomy, too, for a mid-tower.

Is that a Hyper 212 cooling your CPU? If it is, you can slap another 120mm fan onto it -- shave a tad off your current temps. I think you have space for it.
  4. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,241   +125

Very clean and tidy looking. :)
  5. Buckshot420

Thanks Dawn! It is a 212 but I will be pulling the HDD cage and installing an H100 in the coming weeks. I really like the minimalistic look of the 300 as well.
  6. Buckshot420

Anyone have any ideas about side-mounting a HDD in a 5.25 bay in this case? I have 5.25 adapter brackets in mine but Im wondering if anyone knew of a single/double (can't be triple, needs optical drive)) cage that would allow side-mounting.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.