Antec 900 and gx2 question

By fenris
Aug 16, 2008
  1. I was in the process of specing out a new gaming box when I had to put the plans on hold for a bit. I plan on building the box in the next couple of months and I had my eye on an Antec 900 case to build it in. I'm not 100% sold on the case but the reviews seem pretty solid. Newegg has it for $79.99 (counting a rebate) and free shipping. I had a couple of questions before I pulled the trigger and I was hoping you all could help me out. This is going to be my first build in years too.

I know that the Antec 900 is a mid-sized case but I plan on putting in a 9800 gx2 in it. Has anyone had a problem with this card with this particular case? Everything that I have read says it "should" be possible. Any ideas? Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

The card will fit.
  3. fenris

fenris TS Rookie Topic Starter

Any idea if I will be able to throw in a dual card and run them in SLI with that case? Not sure when or if I will need two gx2s but I was just curious.
  4. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

if u have the MOB and PSU for it that will work.
  5. fenris

Great, I just ordered the case tonight. Thanks for the input guys.
  6. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

I don't recommend doing that, because even the cards fit, the hot air from them will affect the PSUs performance.
  7. fenris

Well, I'm still two months or so before I can order all of the parts. I may be looking at a GTX 280 or an equivalent ATI card. The 4870 x2 looks like a freak'n beast.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.