Antec 900 Dust Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy06shake

I have an Antec 900 Gamer case. Its sweet 4 fans cool my system fine the problem is that it acumulates dust at an alarming rate. Is ther a solution to this? Also i have a small USB Hover that i use to remove dust from the PCBs and other fans and cards is it safe to use this device while the pc is running? I have had no problems so far but im worried i may damage the PCBs or Cards by static discharge? The USB hover does have a small rubber hose, does this allimanate possibe damage by static?

Hardware stores sell treated cheese cloth and (treated with both antistatic chemicals and sticky stuff to catch the dust) other materials that you can drape around vents and fan openings. If you change them or wash them every four to six months, you will prevent the dust, dirt, and fiber pretty well. There are also canned sprays that you can use to treat cheese cloths or other very light fabrics so they capture all the dust.
It is helpful to add an extra fan housing so that your cooling air is more than adeaquate.
But buying a case of dust off drops the price per can to about $4.95, and cleaning the case with that treated air (difluoroethane gas) does not cause any static electricity. (There are many other brands, but I have not found anything that beats dust off.
One thing you DO NOT want to do is to use any kind of vacuum cleaner or device... as that increases the risk of static electricity dramatically.

OR... if u live in a house , change the air filters, or get better ones...

or if its an apt. u can get an air filter system to suck up the dust in the air..

just some ideas...

Hi Andy,
you might try changing your case from a negative airflow, to a positive airflow. it collects less dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back