TechSpot

Antec P180b case - new PSU

By Starsky303
May 5, 2008
  1. Hi all,

I have an Antec P180b case and am looking for a power supply for the latest graphics cards (GeForce 9800 GX2) so I'll need to have at least 1x 8-pin connector and 1x 6-pin connector.

Finding one's not the problem. Finding one that will fit my case, is.
    Anyone know of any PSUs to fit my case?

I really don't want to have to buy a new case and PSU AND Graphics card!

Any ideas?
    Cheers.

2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,094   +86 Staff Member

What are the maximum dimensions your case can support for a PSU?

3. Starsky303

Starsky303 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 70

Well, I've been trying to figure that out. Can't seem to find that information anywhere!
    Case specs form the website: http://www.antec.com/specs/P180_spe.html but no mention of max PSU size, neither is it mentioned in the manual. :(

4. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,094   +86 Staff Member

If it supports an ATX motherboard it ought to support standard ATX PSU's. What PSU are you currently using?

I don't understand why you can't just grab a measuring tape of sorts, remove your current PSU and take a look at what you're working with. There aren't any tricks, I mean it's a square dimension and the new PSU will either fit or it won't...

5. Starsky303

Starsky303 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 70

Dimenions of my CoolerMaster extreme power 650w are: (w)15 cm x (d)14 cm x (h)8.6 cm
    Do you know of any 6 and 8-pin PSUs matching this measurement?

Couldn't measure my PSU/case as I'm at work at the mo'!

6. kpo6969

kpo6969 TS Maniac Posts: 875

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.