Anti-spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallflower89

I'm not sure if this is the right part of the forums or not. If not i am sorry, and please move/tell me how to move it to the right one:).

ok onto my actual reason for posting.

My dads Laptop, just got a bad spyware thing on it. It wouldn't let me download an anti-spyware...I had to use a flash drive on a different computer and then put it on the infected (is that correct?) computer.

well it removed it and two others, but as it was scanning i recognised a few names that either LOOKED like it was spyware or somthing that was spyware that i had seen beofre on a different computer...
He has on his computer :
Norton Internet Security
i have put Spybot search and destory on it
and Malwarebytes.

I am going to put Ccleaner on too.. but i am wondering if i need to put another anti-spyware on it.. i looked up the "avg antispyware" i saw but its no longer offered for free from avg :( is there another good one i need? that is free. that does a good job? or am i good with the norton, Spybot, and malwarebytes??

Thanks in advance for you help :)

The 8 steps is generally a good idea, particularly if you are having problems with removal, and need the assistance of someone on TechSpot.
We find that Spybot is pretty much a useless Cookies remover... doesn't find the tough stuff, and of course, the cookies always return in normal use.
We like SpySweeper and or Spyware Doctor if you have a budget to buy something.
We would add SuperAntiSpyware to your MalwareBytes, and consider replacing Symantec/Norton with the free or paid versions of Avast, or perhaps Avira Antivir.
You need at least two spyware programs as no one program finds them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back