Anti Virus has been blocked by spyware

By dannydy
Feb 10, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Currently i;ve installed a spyware application accidental. It block my AVG, my AVG couldn't update it's definition, and the web-pages of AVG has been blocked result in not acessible. It seen that all of these have been blocked by the spyware.I've deleted the spyware, but the issues still remained.

On the other hand, i tried to use Avast, it also same as above.

So any solution.
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,117   +23

Is your AVG an antivirus and you also have Avast installed? Becuase if you do that will cause all kinds of conflicts. The rule is one antivirus, one firewall, and one antispyware program.

Go to this link here at TechSpot http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html and read the second and third stickies at the top of the forum by Juio. Follow those instructions and then post there your results.
  3. swwelsh

swwelsh Newcomer, in training Posts: 43

If you can, download the tools mentioned in the post above on another computer. If you have been hijacked it can infect all the files you download on the infected machine, or not let you get to the download sites. Better to keep the tools on a CD or write protected flash drive
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.