Anti-Virus won't load and search results hijacked

By punkrocksilo
Apr 10, 2009
  1. So I just got home last night from being out of town and to my surprise my comp's acting screwy. I asked my roommate how long it's been doing this and he played it off as if he hadn't noticed.

Anyway, so here's the deal:
    All of my google search results are redirected to misc pages, and on top of this, I can't even load any of my anti-virus software. I've tried several different things and nothing's working. So this is my last effort to fix it. I've attached a copy of my HJT Log.

I input all this into some HJT Log Analyzer online and tried to remove the suggested items, but nothing was removed. I'm at a loss of ideas here.
    Please help! Thanks.
  2. touch

touch TS Rookie Posts: 978

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

'Live' helpers beat any 'auto' analyzer! Most entries in a HijackThis log will be legitimate- others will need to be removed and possibly follow up programs run.

touch will review the logs for you. It's very important you follow the recommended programs>> you have a DNS Changer malware infection- possibly other malware:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.