TechSpot

Anti-Virus won't load and search results hijacked

By punkrocksilo
Apr 10, 2009
  1. So I just got home last night from being out of town and to my surprise my comp's acting screwy. I asked my roommate how long it's been doing this and he played it off as if he hadn't noticed.

Anyway, so here's the deal:
    All of my google search results are redirected to misc pages, and on top of this, I can't even load any of my anti-virus software. I've tried several different things and nothing's working. So this is my last effort to fix it. I've attached a copy of my HJT Log.

I input all this into some HJT Log Analyzer online and tried to remove the suggested items, but nothing was removed. I'm at a loss of ideas here.
    Please help! Thanks.

2. touch

touch TS Rookie Posts: 978

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

'Live' helpers beat any 'auto' analyzer! Most entries in a HijackThis log will be legitimate- others will need to be removed and possibly follow up programs run.

touch will review the logs for you. It's very important you follow the recommended programs>> you have a DNS Changer malware infection- possibly other malware:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.