By msharris16
Jun 6, 2007
  1. AVG or Norton 2007 for Vista? Which one is better, I had the error code 0X000003E9 and some other issues what should I do?
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Norton is eeeevil! Seriously.

Get AVG or Avast.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

AVG I believe has some issues with Vista. I remember something about it not wanting to start up properly and maybe update. It still 'works' though.

Considered going without? May not be a good option for you though.
  4. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

I have been using AVG with Vista with no problems what so ever. Updates and runs just fine. I would not get Norton's for anything though!
  5. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

Anyone know how Avira's free version of their AntiVir works with Vista?

Also, I believe Kaspersky has worked the the kinks out with 32-bit Vista but check their forums for the latest.
  6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

Norton is a FAR superior antivirus than AVG, but it tends to come with a lot of resource hogging baggage. By now, I think Symantec has cut a lot of this down. 360 was supposedly pretty good. So its six of one, half a dozen of the other. If you want better protecton, norton is the one, if you want your system light, but some protection, avg is the way to go.
  7. ellyquim

ellyquim TS Rookie

i agree... norton takes a lot of memory usage. We use AVG or AVAST here
  8. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

i got Avast 4.7 pro on vista and i love it, no problems, and I'm a filthy ****** waiting to get banned

Edit: We don't do software piracy here -- Nodsu
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.