Antivirus 2008 pro infected my PC, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwiazows

Hi,

my pc was infected with antivirus 2008 pro over the weekend. neither mcafee nor pc tools-spyware doctor are able to access the internet to update their DBs. i tried the manual removal of antivirus 2008 and deleting the files that came up in free spyhunter scan, but additionally i can still not properly access the internet as google always gets fake results and eventually my screen goes blue with a stop error. now, it always goes to that stop error upon booting up. is there any way to fix my computer? i tried system restore, but the program said it could not work when i tried to use it...

here is what the error message says under "Technical Information":

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBA65BACF,0xA84107A8, 0x00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

To doe it right, you need to download them.
But in lieu of that, I would run your other antivirus and antispyware software in SAFE MODE, which should free up your system to run normally enough to download those others.

Thank you Raybay, I will try that. Are these two programs free?

I can't really figure out why when i do a regular bootup that Windows always goes to the blue stop error screen.

Administrator, but when it asks for Password, it is blank. Just press return... unless, of course, you entered a password at install time.

Administrator, but when it asks for Password, it is blank. Just press return... unless, of course, you entered a password at install time.

i ran both programs, and still when i log in normally my computer crahes to the blue screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back