Antivirus 360 ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

spkenny

I have a customers machine in which the obvious problem is antivirus 360. I have scanned the hard on an external bay from my main tech computer with both malware bytes and avast antivirus. Both found quite a few things and removed them successfully. However, after hooking the hard drive back up in the tower, it still has av 360 popping up and really creating havoc. I have now installed hijack this and malware bytes onto the infected computer. Hijack does a successful log, but I am unaware what to do in terms of removal. I dont even know what to lood for really. And malware bytes only gets to where I can click 'scan now' but when I do, it gets closed out completely. I'm sure this is due to the 360. So any suggestions?

The program also adds an addon to IE. I dealt with this recently. Disable the following in IE: winconfig.dll You can also delete it from the C:\windows\system32 folder.

It worked for me. But I can't say that you will have the same result. give it a try. also make sure that you clear your Internet cache. Recommend using Ccleaner.

just deleted a file with '360' in the list that hijack came up with. All the pop ups disappeared and now I can run malwarebytes. I'll be sure to run the ccleaner for the internet cache, thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back