TechSpot

Antivirus 360 ugh

By spkenny
Mar 13, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a customers machine in which the obvious problem is antivirus 360. I have scanned the hard on an external bay from my main tech computer with both malware bytes and avast antivirus. Both found quite a few things and removed them successfully. However, after hooking the hard drive back up in the tower, it still has av 360 popping up and really creating havoc. I have now installed hijack this and malware bytes onto the infected computer. Hijack does a successful log, but I am unaware what to do in terms of removal. I dont even know what to lood for really. And malware bytes only gets to where I can click 'scan now' but when I do, it gets closed out completely. I'm sure this is due to the 360. So any suggestions?
  2. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 609   +6

The program also adds an addon to IE. I dealt with this recently. Disable the following in IE: winconfig.dll You can also delete it from the C:\windows\system32 folder.
  3. spkenny

spkenny TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 106

will that take care of it?
  4. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 609   +6

It worked for me. But I can't say that you will have the same result. give it a try. also make sure that you clear your Internet cache. Recommend using Ccleaner.
  5. spkenny

spkenny TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 106

just deleted a file with '360' in the list that hijack came up with. All the pop ups disappeared and now I can run malwarebytes. I'll be sure to run the ccleaner for the internet cache, thank you :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.