TechSpot

Antivirus for Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit?

By boatman255
Nov 11, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. I am building a new computer and will be loading 7 Ultimate 64 bit.. I just learned that Norton 360, which I have used for years...DOES NOT support Internet Explorer on 64 bit pc's....Can anyone recommend an Anti-Virus program for 64 bit..?

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,702   +1,886

3. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

captaincranky, I have been using avast and am wondering if u are saying this is as good as my subscription is running out.

4. boatman255

boatman255 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Nickc, What do you think of AVAST!....? and what ver are you using. I am considering the $49 Internet Security version.....How long have you been using it? Thanks.

5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

I second the Microsoft Security Essentials suggestion. I am not aware of any tests showing how its detection compares with others, but there are probably some out there.

6. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

7. boatman255

boatman255 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks guys for the info.....VERY interesting and informing.. Appreciate the links. I don't mind paying, just want the best PROTECTION I can get... I have been down the road with viruses before...Don't want to go there again.....

8. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

I use Microsoft security essentials and it works just fine.