Antivirus programs

Get avira and malware bytes free edition. Turn on windows firewall. Update windows. If you want a heftier firewall get comodo. Make sure you uninstall norton and only run 1 anti virus and 1 firewall at a time.

I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials for quite a while now and am quite pleased with it. I went in very skeptical but it works very well, I highly recommend it. The best part... it's FREE, not to mention it boasts constant and regular updates.

Another very good vote for MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) here. I would also recommend AVG Free edition 2011 as well - both will be more than adequate for home users, and are free of charge.

Microsoft Security Essentials here too, switched to it when it first came out and have had no problems. Works very quietly in the background and you hardly know it's there.

Initially, I used Microsoft Security Essentials which was good but it took rather a long time to download and install updates. Avira on my system is quicker.

i recently ran out of norton and now i dont have any money to renew it does anyone know of a good antivirus, programs?

Your getting pretty good advice from the members that have posted to your thread so far.If you would like a bigger variety of choices,information,and instructions.
See my post.in chriskK's thread. (can I run these 3 anti-malware programs at the same time?) CB.

I personally like Avast!. New 6.0 came out with a sandbox feature so it plays suspious .exe files virtually before they are installed on your computer. Pretty handy for torrented stuff :p.

avast.com

I'm not allowed to post URLs yet because I don't ahve enough posts, just make sure to type that in the address bar or look up it up Google, haha.

Back