TechSpot

Antivirus XP. Can't kill it.

By pragman
Sep 10, 2008
  1. Help! I got hit wwith the Antivirus XP virus and thought I had killed it using various scanners and soforth but now I have an entry in my Systemstart list called lphc18kj0evf4.exe which I know is related to the Antivirus XP. I have previously been through regedit and deleted all instances containing lphc... but they keep coming back if I do a restart is there any way I can completely kill this virus. Please don't suggest downloading a spyware, malware, or virus remover as I have already tried that countless times and the thing is still there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 572   +6

Did you remove lphc18kj0evf4.exe from the Program files directory, also run msconfig and remove it from your startup list, use spybot s&d it'll repair any registry issues associated with the program, there also may be a bitmap image, and screen saver file in the windows sys folder that you should delete. For alternate step by step instructions and guide go here; http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109461.html

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.