TechSpot

Antivrus 2008 removal help

By jmolina
Sep 18, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Need HELP removing this spyware I have already tried malwarebytes; spybot ;and ADWARE; and AVG SOFTWARE IT CAME BACK ONCE I REMOVED IT. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE HELPFUL.

MY DESKTOP CURRENTLY HAS AN AD WARNING SPYWARE DETECTED ON YUR COMPUTER.. I HAVE ATTTACHED MY HIJACK LOG

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
  2. tw0rld

tw0rld TechSpot Maniac Posts: 609   +6

Run HJT again, and remove these two entries

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lphcvwwj0endv] C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphcvwwj0endv.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMrhcrwwj0endv] C:\Program Files\rhcrwwj0endv\rhcrwwj0endv.exe

Browse to these dirctories
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lphcvwwj0endv.exe....Delete this file "lphcvwwj0endv.exe"
    C:\Program Files\rhcrwwj0endv\rhcrwwj0endv.exe.......Delete this folder "rhcrwwj0endv" (It contains the unwanted file).
    Update and run Spybot S&D. Apply Immunization, and remove what ever it finds in the scan.

Are you having any issues with desktop wallpaper, and a screen saver displaying fake system alerts?
    If so go to "C:\Windows", and delete any bitmap image, and screen saver file with similar names like the ones above.

If there are any other problems let me know.
  3. jmolina

jmolina Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 21

I did what you recommended and notice I din not have the abiltiy to change my background.
  4. tw0rld

tw0rld TechSpot Maniac Posts: 609   +6

Are all the other issues solved?
    Spybot S&D should solve the background problem. if not let me know.
    For now you should be able to change it by right clicking an image, then select, "set as background".
    I still want to know if the tabs have returned to your display menu
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.