Any audio recorders in this forum? Thought I'd ask....

By Vigilante
Sep 27, 2005
  1. want to get into recording on my PC. My initial needs are pretty simple I think. I've got a laptop, and the onboard audio-in sucks as expected. So I'm looking for a way to record from a mic to PC with best quality sound.
    What product or setup might you recommend?

And if I may go a step farther. What if I wanted to have 4-channel recording and MIDI I/O as well? So if I had some friends over we could all play and record and not have it sound like we were all cramming up against one mic through an adapter to my stereo-in in the laptop? Any product recommendations? And naturally, I'm on a budget, I don't need the highest quality stuff for chart-topping sounds, but something starter that I'm not embarrassed to own. That creates sound worth listening to.

Any ideas?
    Well actually, any product links?

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

Can you give me an estimate on budget?
  3. Vigilante

Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 1,666

Hopefuly spend less then $200us. Hopeing under $150. Cause I just need something real simple for a mic input that is decent.

I was looking around for hours last night and it seems M-Audio has decent stuff for around my price range. I was comparing these:

Not necessarily from those stores. But those are the products. I like the 2nd one better, and it has about a $350msrp while the 1st one is more like $250.

Would either of these work for my needs? Would I need to buy other equipment? Cause my laptop doesn't have Firewire, just USB1.0. So the 2nd would require me to use my PC somehow, or get a PC-Card firewire for the laptop.

Any thoughts?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.