Any feedback on my new gaming build?

I have assembled the following hardware to build my first gaming rig and would like to know if this is a good choice of items.

XFX Radeon R7770 1GB DDR5
Thermaltake Black Widow TR2 RX 850W 80 plus Bronze Cert.
Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad Core
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing
Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H-MVP mATX LGA 1155
Corsair Vengeance 4GB (2x 4GB) DDR3-1600
Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200 RPM
(plan on adding a 120 or 240 GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD later)
Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower
Asus BC-12B1ST-BLK/B/AS Blue-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer

Thanks in Advance for your feed back!

A few suggestions

I think you should go with an ATX sized motherboard, the case that you have has more than enough room for one, and the extra expansion slots might come in handy one day. The Asrock extreme 4 is a good choice.

You definitely don't need a 850W PSU, a 650W will supply more than enough juice to run your rig, and will leave plenty of room to install a second graphics card if needed. The other advantage is that you can get a better quality one for the same price, such as this one.

If your budget allows it, you may want to consider upgrading your graphics card. Something like HD 7850 will give you bucket-loads more performance, and make the build more gaming oriented. If your strapped for cash, you could always downgrade your HDD and purchase more storage later if needed.

I would recommend getting a full ATX motherboard, a different power supply, and spending a lot more money on your graphics card for a gaming computer.
In fact for this budget I would expect with different choices I would expect that you would be able to fit in a 7950.

Back