TechSpot

Any game crashes computer. (OS W7)

By augdog999
Jun 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hey guys. First time im using this forum.

Alrite well my problem is that any PC game i play(Doom 3, Stronghold, Call of duty,etc.) basically crashes my computer within 15 minutes. Now i know its not a BSoD. When my computer crashes and i have sound on, the monitor(HP Compaq LA1905 Wide LCD) says it has "No source signal" and the sound freezes. Only thing i can do is shut down my computer.

I can surf the web, watch videos, open any program just fine. Only PC games crash my computer. I got no idea why its starting to act like this.

Heres DxDiag.

If you need any more info please let me know.

Attached Files:

2. Bertrandly

Bertrandly TS Rookie

Any game crashes computer.

Download the "game booster,"It's not every application you use to play is included. In the IObit Freeware...

3. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TS Enthusiast Posts: 544

Hm... from seeing the DxDiag report, I got an idea: try changing your screen resolution. Does that crash the PC within 15 mins? If / If not: keep us posted!

Edit:
    Are there any errors/notifications/messages just before the crash?

The drivers were detected it seems...

Edit 2:
    So games crash the PC within 15 minutes... that sounds like a heating issue. Can you check your CPU temperature via BIOS?

You mentioned that the screen is the first thing to go belly-up... perhaps the GPU is overheated? How much dust is there lodged onto your graphics card?

4. augdog999

augdog999 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Alright i'll try changing the screen resolution. I dont get ANY warning at all... it just crashes.

I'll check the tempature right now.

I'll check on how much dirt there is.

I'll post results in 30 mins.

:EDIT:
    Would the event logs also help for info on my problem??

Ok i changed resolution: Nothing happened.

:EDIT 2:
    I cant access my BIOs for some reason. It says i need to change the default password to the BIOs but when i try to put in a new password it says "Access Denied". Odd.