Any help for a startup issue?

By Aussypride
Jun 2, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, I recently installed Norton 360 onto my OSwin7 Toshiba laptop andsubsequently now the computer wont start. it comes up with startup repair then says startup repair failed... is there any way to fix this issue? or get my files off the hdd onto another laptop??
  2. stonarda

stonarda TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 180   +17

Firstly, I would never recommend Norton to anyone, its not as good as it appears - their marketing is just very good! Try starting it up in safe mode (push F8 non-stop from the moment you boot the PC and then select safe mode with the keyboard). If it starts up and you log in, open system restore (start > accessories > system tools > system restore) and restore the computer to a time before you isntalled Norton. It should help get it back up and running. :) If it doesn't work, I'll give you an alternative :)
    learninmypc likes this.
  3. Aussypride

Aussypride Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Hi thanks for the reply. safe mode took me back to the startup repair....
  4. stonarda

stonarda TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 180   +17

Hmm, I am guessing that you do not have a Windows install disk? :)
  5. Aussypride

Aussypride Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Not a win7.. didn't even come with a recovery disk.... can I get one of them somewhere??

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.