Any keyboardists out there CME UF8

Status
Not open for further replies.

red1776

I have a CME UF8 (MIDI) Keyboard. the driver was designed for XP. there is a mod out there that will make it compatible with Vista, however it is eluding me at the moment. was wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

Thanks

well no, i thought someone might know the mod to vista. i will probably knock back one of my other machines to XP and run it from there if i don't hear from anyone.

The website says "Vista" driver, unless the driver they're pushing won't work for your particular keyboard.

I know, there's not anywhere near the romance in "tickling the genuine plastics"!

that's for the UF 400, but now that you mention it, I'm gonna give that a run,may just be a feature or two that wont work. the one i needed on there was the 1.05 driver. but I'm going to try the UF 400 driver

It might not be a bad idea to Email their support dept. I did that with Nvidia, they actually got back to me. Wow, what a rush.

your kidding!? i'll give it shot

I bet i have tried Nvidia 8 times (email) over the years and not once heard back

Rats! someone made him remove the link to the modified version....damn fascist's

oh and i meant a response to post #16 on that thread

From CME Pro Forum Thread........

Jaymo99 2007-6-6 03:04
As posted here many times before all CME productsare class compliant which means they will utilize the midi drivers shipped with Windows...this includes Vista. all legacy CME gear (mainly UFx) can be fitted with a new rom to make it class complaint as well (coming soon).

Have you investigated a new ROM?

Having navigated CME's website for some time now, it seems like my reflexive "dual boot" reply may be the one that makes the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back