TechSpot

Any Mario Kart Wii players?

By SNGX1275
Jun 23, 2008
  1. I know at least a few people here have a Wii, and what good is a Wii without Mario Kart?

Here is my code: 1332-9202-2099

Reply in this thread if you play online.

I got my rating up over 7000 this weekend, but then kept playing and went on a massive losing streak, now I'm back down in the 6400s. Hopefully I can get back up over 7000 soon.

2. rmdl51

rmdl51 TS Maniac Posts: 244

LMAO!!!

I finally pass the 7000 points line with 7024 and then I got my ***** kicked several times back to 5965 and then I stop playing, I just had a bad luck with spiny shells! :p

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Topic Starter Posts: 10,714   +397

Wow, good to hear I'm not the only one that had that happen to them.

On my climb from about 6200 to 7000 I figured I was racing at slightly above a 7000 level based on how well I was doing compared to others and their rankings. Then I just kept dropping, I got in a couple really hard groups (where I'd get 6th out of like 8 with 2 guests and I'd be the lowest ranked with 7000 pts). I then left and got in an easier group, won a couple and then next thing I know my group has acquired a few guys with 8000s and suddenly my rating is back in the 6400s.

4. rmdl51

rmdl51 TS Maniac Posts: 244

Yeah, you are not alone my friend, sucks to get sunked to 5000 again LOL! and I'm glad I'm not the only one too. it's a very fun game to play, but it feels terrible that no matter how good you drive if your luck is not on your side you won't be getting anywhere, I really mean it, it's 50% skills and 50% luck, I just can't believe sometimes I'm 1st and after I got hit by a spiny shell I got passed by 2nd or 3rd and they throw a red shell then another guy is coming at all speed with a bullet bill just a little bit before ending the race and I just watch myself getting blown away from the road and I end up on Last, that happened a few times and there's where I loose over 100 points per match.

I need to train a little bit more, I have all golds now on grand prix (except a few on mirror) and I want to get at least 1 star on everything, then I'll be playing online again.

You play with the Wheel?? I find it much more fun but a friend said you can control better with the remote+nunchuck, besides it looks really cool to have the golden wheel besides your name online, and I think you get more points by using the wheel.

5. SNGX1275

I've Golded everything in Gran Prix mode. My rankings vary from C to 2 stars (don't have any 3 stars yet, but I haven't raced 50s or 100s in forever).
    Mirror Cup I have:
    Mushroom: 2 stars
    Flower: A
    Star: A
    Special: 1 star
    Forget what I have on the classic cups, A and B I think. I had a hard time doing well in Mirror for quite a while, then I finally got it down. Playing online with all those good people was a big learning expierence because the courses were going from 150cc to Mirror with a couple 100ccs thrown in depending on who joined and left, kept me on my toes because I couldn't rely on the track always having the same direction turns.

I don't use the wheel or the nunchuck, I use my GC Wavebird controller. Although it would be nice to see a golden wheel by my name. Instead I'll have to at least 1 star every cup and just have a star by my name. :)

6. Dicee

Dicee TS Rookie Posts: 36

I play that... its my little brothers though... i usually play it while waitin for some heavy download to finish XD

7. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,273

If you want SNGX I'll get Mario Kart and show you how awesome I am.

8. SNGX1275

Yeh show me TimeParadoX :)

I played quite a bit more today. Started out at 6500, got up to 69xx, I was totally dominating the field, sometimes lapping some people. Then, once again, it all fell apart, and I ended up quitting right around 6500 again :(

9. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 650

I need to get myself a Wii sometime. I'm missing out on some great Nintendo games. I need motion fueled my Mario and Zelda fix.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.