Any registry editor tweaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really know nothing about that stuff(well if u guys tell me some ways i can get to it, but i cant find things on my own) so if you guys could help me get my computer/internet(google chrome)faster by using the registry editor that would be great!I'm running vista!

Are you running xp or vista? Also unless you have a lot of clutter or malware key embedded in your registry there is really no tweak to really see an improvement in performance.
If there is clutter or malware that can and will slow the response of the computer.
I myself use a freeware program called regcleaner to clear out all the clutter that will build up over time. That sounds more like what you need than a tweak.
Hope this helps.

Yikes!!

Playing around/editing the registry (especially when it's new territory for you) is one of the quickest ways to spell D-E-A-T-H to your computer!

Advise you begin by learning about your startup programs (and what you don't need) and other processes running in the background you can stop from running and stealing CPU cycles. (and stay away from registry editing till you learn lots more about your computer)

One also need be careful of registry cleaner. The more aggressive the cleaner the more likely a cleaner tool can also hose up your registry. The only one i run/trust is in CCleaner. It may not clean EVERYTHING but have never heard of it causing problems either.

Here's a couple places to start looking/reading
- What slows Windows down?
- Startup Programs Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back