TechSpot

Any solutions after 5 years?

By Gohanasx
Jan 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, i have the same problem as this guy had: (3w).techspot.com/vb/topic62237.html i realy need to solve this problem :) it would be very nice if someone show me the way to do that :)
  2. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 930

Would be best if you describe your problem along with details on your system specifications, very difficult to diagnose a problem without more specific information.
  3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,524   +299

Like a suggestion in the other thread - get and use the HP USB Format tool. If that doesn't work the drive is probably dead. As a last resort, if you have access to a 9x machine try formatting it there.
  4. Gohanasx

Gohanasx TS Rookie Topic Starter

My system is Win xp sp3

1) Can see drive in "My Computer"
    2) Double click on drive in my computer and it says : "Please insert disc into drive D:"
    3) Right click and select format and it says: "There is no disc in drive D. Insert a disc, and then try again"
    4) My Computer (right click) -> Manage -> Disc Management:
    "Disk 1
    Removable (D

unreadable"
    5) Device Properties shows that the device is working properly, but under "Volumes" tab it says that Status = unreadable. Partition style = Master Boot Record (MBR).

i have tried a lot of programs but had no luck.
    Is it worth to install 9x os into my other computer to solve this problem?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.