Any suggestions/help on my new build would be appreciated

Here are my parts:
• Antec Lanboy air Red Black / Red Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case 

• COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RSA00-80GAD3-US 1000W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS ... 

• EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1461-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video ...
• ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard 

• HITACHI HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive 

• Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 ... 

• CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R
-Tell me if you see any problems from compatibility or you just think i should use a cheaper and/or better part.
Thank You

Looks good :)

I think 1000W PSU is overkill, 500W would be plenty for a single GTX 560. A 700W PSU should be enough for two GTX 560's in SLI. However if you have money to spend there is nothing wrong in using a power supply with excessive ratings.

GTX 560 specifications "Minimum System Power Requirement (W) - 450 W".

The power supply and graphics

I realize the overkill of the power supply, I only need about 800W. The issue is that the combo between the cpu and power supply, on newegg, make it worth while to just go over. I keep trying to find a better way to setup the parts, but i can't find one. As for why i'm going for the cpu, my friend and i are going to wire our builds together for rendering our game project.

I'll mirror HK's concerns, and recommend the same unit, as I have good experience with it and use the same PSU in my primary system.

Do you have an existing mechanical disk you can migrate from your old system?

Reason I say is because the floods in Thailand have resulted in massively inflated mechanical disk prices. In many respects it would be better to purchase an SSD right now and keep the use of your old disk until prices come down to more acceptable levels -- if that is an option.

You will be rewarded with a much snappier Windows experience and faster software loading times, although it will make little difference to loading of games.

Your chosen case will also fit a standard ATX motherboard, whereas you have chosen a m-ATX motherboard which is obviously smaller and may lack features of bigger variants. It will all work fine, but a larger motherboard might be a consideration if you were not aware of this.

Also, if you plan to overclock further down the line, purchase the i7 2600K model cpu. It offers an unlocked multiplier among other changes that will be more overclocking friendly. If you don't ever plan to over clock your existing choice will serve you perfectly.

I think 1000W PSU is overkill, 500W would be plenty for a single GTX 560. A 700W PSU should be enough for two GTX 560's in SLI. However if you have money to spend there is nothing wrong in using a power supply with excessive ratings.

I agree mostly, but I would be concerned with the efficiency of a large wattage power supply running at such low loads all the time. That would be my only concern with it though.

Back