Any video cards with 4 HDMI outputs?

PCTechie316

Hello,

I am looking into upgrading one of our conference rooms at work with something that can provide output to at least 2 HDTV and 1 projector, with the future of a 3rd hdtv.

I been out the loop for awhile with video cards, and wanted to know if anybody knows of a way this can be done with a possible video card that has 4 hdmi outputs? They will be (2) 55 inch hdtvs and a projector which should output its own resolution

Thanks for the help ahead of time.

No video cards I know of have 4 HDMI outputs, but you can find plenty of cards that have that many if you combine DVI + Displayport. You could always use DP converters to HDMI got get the appropriate number of connections, but remember that after 2 non DP devices you'll need to start using Active Converters if you plan to keep the signal digital.

No video cards I know of have 4 HDMI outputs, but you can find plenty of cards that have that many if you combine DVI + Displayport. You could always use DP converters to HDMI got get the appropriate number of connections, but remember that after 2 non DP devices you'll need to start using Active Converters if you plan to keep the signal digital.

Right now I found The Quadro NVS 450 or ATI FirePro™ 2460,

that should fit for what we want. We already have 2 DP to hdmi adapters.

We really just need to clone the two tvs.

Good post computerteen . Very informative. Soo Im assuming he doesn't care about video card performance ? Cuz a Quadra 450 is going to blow goat. The ATI will blow even more goat!

The Fire pro 2460 is low profile and made for small form factor. if you do not have that concern and can fit a full height card, something like this may work for you. it is silent, low power, half the price, and a bit more computing power. It would just take an adapter as Papa was saying. I of course can't compete with Tweakboys tech analysis of GBPP (goats blown per pixel)...but I thought it may be a viable option for you if you are just cloning monitors for video, power point, and the like.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131449

The Fire pro 2460 is low profile and made for small form factor. if you do not have that concern and can fit a full height card, something like this may work for you. it is silent, low power, half the price, and a bit more computing power. It would just take an adapter as Papa was saying. I of course can't compete with Tweakboys tech analysis of GBPP (goats blown per pixel)...but I thought it may be a viable option for you if you are just cloning monitors for video, power point, and the like.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131449

Red, Thank you. Yes all we are doing is cloning two monitors for just regular office stuff such as powerpoint, word docs, spreadsheets, and such.

We are provided either an optiplex 790 small form factor, or a 790 mini tower if a full heightcard is needed.

I have to do a minimal at least 2 Display port to hdmi adapters (Which we have) for the 2 tvs and 1 dvi to vga adapter for the projector. So you think this Radeon HD 6750 card is a better option?

I think possible a $250 - $300.00 budget for a card is pretty good.

Our company has select vendors on where we can buy computer equipment. So like Compusa is one of those companies they would buy from first.

I found this card . http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=365478&CatId=7005

Hi Computerteen,
It's more powerful for half the price. and the connection is is easily solved with basic adapters. There is no reason to go with a Fire pro type card unless you are going to be running CAD or heavy modeling programs on them.( the difference between the HD cards and the fire pro cards is largely drivers geared toward such programs) So yea, i would check out the 6750 or a card in this price point.

Hi Computerteen,
It's more powerful for half the price. and the connection is is easily solved with basic adapters. There is no reason to go with a Fire pro type card unless you are going to be running CAD or heavy modeling programs on them. So yea, i would check out the 6750 or a card in this price point.

Red, thanks for your help. Right now I'm possibly looking at jumping up to the ati 6790. Its kind of a pain since our company has select vendors they purchase from. So sometimes I have to adjust and upgrade.

So far I really like this

Sapphire 100316L Radeon HD 6790 Graphics Card from Compusa. Around $150.00

I rather overdo it then under do it. Since this will be the 2nd time in 6 months we are upgrading everything in our executive conference room.

Moving on to powering 3 60 inch tvs.

Hi all,

This is a bump post. We are now moving up to powering 3 60 inch tvs at any giving time. I am still looking for a card that can output a good resolution to all 3 monitors at the same time.

I'm still looking at the ATI 6790 to do this for us. Does anybody know of a better card we can get for under $500.00 ?

Galaxy 56NGH6DM3TTX MDT X5 GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) Multi Display 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Flexible Display Output Options
Powered by the IDT ViewXpand VMM1400 chipset, the Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card supports flexible display output configurations for different applications. It supports 2, 3 or 4 monitors connected via Mini-HDMI ports in line-up mode to form a virtual single monitor spanned across the connected monitors horizontally - best suitable for multi-screen gaming; 4 monitors connected via Mini-HDMI ports in 2x2 stack mode - best suitable for video wall or other large screen application; and 2, 3 or 4 monitors connected via Mini-HDMI ports in clone mode - for retail shop or education center. You can always connect an extra independent monitor via the card’s Dual-link DVI or DisplayPort for a total of 5 monitors!

Thanks for the posts, and to confirm, we will be cloning the 3 monitors. 90 Percent of time however, 2 out of the 3 lcds will be cloned while the 3rd monitor is hooked up to a separate device not connected to the pc. But to have a card that can clone all 3 is helpful.

be advised: DVI->HDMI will drop the audio and you then need component audio cable too.
If you stick with pure HDMI out -> HDMI in, then that cable will carry both audio/video.

I was looking for a commercial setup like this where the video source was in another room from the presentation room - - thus a long cable run.
I hit upon a DVI+component -> video mixer (near the source) --> long hdmi to the display (one cable instead of two). HOWEVER, the mixer(s) are not cheap.

be advised: DVI->HDMI will drop the audio and you then need component audio cable too.
If you stick with pure HDMI out -> HDMI in, then that cable will carry both audio/video.

I was looking for a commercial setup like this where the video source was in another room from the presentation room - - thus a long cable run.
I hit upon a DVI+component -> video mixer (near the source) --> long hdmi to the display (one cable instead of two). HOWEVER, the mixer(s) are not cheap.

Audio is not a big issue. I see your point. I am hooking up the pc audio to a mixer that we have. I will just get some male mini hdmi to hdmi female adapters to hook up the tvs to the galaxy card.

VisionTek Products 7750 5M PCIe 2GB GDDR5 4K UHD 5 Monitor 4K Support Graphics Card 900690

Nice find Guest. That card didn't exist at the time I made the post though but I'm sure it will be helpful for someone who sees this thread.

Bam not sure if this to late or not but 4 on each
Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX DirectCU II OC

Yeah - we talked about doing this with adapters quite early in this thread.

Not sure what to say joe - link works everywhere I try it - even in your quote.

Back