Anybody have personal experience with Android malware?

[FONT=Verdana]Hi Everybody,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I'm working on an article about security, malware, and the Android OS. In the course of my research, I can find a ton of stats and tales of scary malicious apps, phishing attacks, etc. But what's missing are the real world stories of people actually telling about a specific Android malware attack and how it affected them, whether it stole personal info, cost them money from premium texts, stuff like that. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I was wondering if anybody had a story they might share. Or know anybody who has one. I'm trying to put a human face on this issue.[/FONT]

I don't have any stories to tell, but I think you'll find 'sending premium txts' something that can be easily done.

You have a pretty know Android malware called: AndroRat. It can be used by skids so it´s really easy to infect someone.... dont really know anyone who was infected by it.... sorry and good luck

It warns about the infected apps and downloads before saving them.... The only negative thing is that it is not integrated with all the internet browsers as to warn us about malicious websites before opening them... It should be integrated with browsers like the PC version of it...

Back