TechSpot

Anyone about?

By joys247
Feb 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Just wondering if anyone might be around this morning to help walk me through restoration issues. I am getting ready to update my post from yesterday (topic 177689) with a new status and OTL.txt file.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Do you have a virus or other malware infection?

3. joys247

joys247 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Definite Infection

Yes, AVG warned me on 2/12/12 of a BackdoorAgent infection then let the doggone thing install anyway. Gggrrr!!

4. Tmagic650

5. joys247

Can I safely proceed?

OTL.txt has now been pasted into original topic (topic 177689). Is it okay for me to now proceed with the 5-step process or do I need to wait for alternate instructions first? I'm unsure since the topic (177377) I was using for reference has a script posted immediately following the instructions for creation of a bootable cd. Thus it may be that the "Run Fix" portion of those instructions relative to OTLPE have to be completed before continuing with 5-step process.

6. Tmagic650

Yes complete the 5-step process

7. joys247

Appreciation

Thank you so much for your guidance. I will properly re-post this issue according to your instructions. Hopefully, it doesn't make a difference that I'm still running this infected computer from the Reatogo-x-pe. For fear that if I try to re-boot I will lose access. Best wishes to you for a great Saturday!

8. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,980   +362

Please do not create a new thread in order to draw attention to an existing thread of yours.