Anyone flashed " 88PCPA20 " BIOS to their Biostar mobo?

maddmatt02

ok, I am building a desktop right now, and I had all the parts on the 1st, went to biostars website and downloaded the latest bios. the filename 88PCPA20.bst

well the mobo was DOA, so I didnt get around to doing anything. just got the replacement and it is up and running. before I flashed the bios I went back to the site to doublecheck I had the right file, and now it only lists 2 files, not 3 like last time. I know I am at the right page this time, and the other 2 files still listed look familiar so I am pretty sure I was at the right place last time.

my bios is version 08.00.15 build date 02/24/10 which corresponds to the older file posted.

so the other day there were 2 newer versions, now only one newer version...

anyone flashed the one I am asking about and do you have any problems? anyone know why they pulled it?
should I just leave it as is for now?

should I just leave it as is for now?
Unless you have a specific problem that a new BIOS is supposed to fix, I would leave it alone for now.

alright, i have no problems so far, just going through and installing all drivers/software.

I wish biostar labeled the filename somehow corresponding to the actual bios version, or at least listed the version number with the file download link...

but Ill just leave it untouched until I see a need to update, thanks

Too bad about the DOA motherboard but it's good that you have that sorted out. Now that you have a nice new PC built, maybe you can list the components in your profile and then turn on the System Specs for all to see. :)

I never knew about that little drop down before... now that I do, how come you are running a nice new i7 but only 3GB and win xp?

did you already have an XP disc and dont want to spend more money? or do yo like xp more?

It's not really new. I built that Intel system back in March 2009 before Windows 7 was released to the general public and I just kept it that way. I have a newer Windows 7 64 bit (Home Premium) gaming PC I built in April 2010 that you can only see if you click on my name to see my public profile. It's an AMD based system with a Phenom II X4 965 BE, Radeon HD 5870 and 8GB RAM. So my systems are not the most current but they're okay for now.

oh, and I found out i was looking at the page for the TA880GB HD, and I have the TA880GB+

the newest bios for the HD does say better OC ability which would have been cool. they look pretty much identical but the HD looks to have a few more pieces (caps?) on it, and its chipsets are AMD 880G / SB850 where as mine is AMD 880G / SB710...

oh well, Im getting it figured out, its just weird that my bios is missing settings that it shows in the book... and unlocking the 4th core didnt quite happen like the book says either, but bios, passmark, Toverclocker, and Overdrive all show 4 cores.

,,,its just weird that my bios is missing settings that it shows in the book...
I'm not sure about this but the missing settings shown in the manual might be because those are from the AHCI BIOS. If you don't enable AHCI or RAID, a different BIOS version is loaded, I think.

Back