Anyone got SoF2 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokem

Just read the review on GameSpot on this game. Doesn't say much. But I'm really looking forward to the AI and how much slower it'll be compared to Jedi Knight 2 :D

Yeah read that review too, shame, sounds like it'll have a lack of finish like Jedi Outcast does, ahh well.

Sure the ending was really bad in MOHAA but the game itself was pretty good IMO.:)

Originally posted by Didou
Sure the ending was really bad in MOHAA but the game itself was pretty good IMO.:)
Yeah the ending was terrible, don't think it should be classified as an ending, it just finished more like :)
Still probably preferred it to JK2 I think, sure it had problems but JK2 felt more unfinished with all the annoyances in it.

SoF2 is a very good game...and very hard. The EAX is amazin. I love the positional audio.

It is very hard, I die alot. I was gettin only 20-45 fps so I had to back off on the eye candy a tad. I can run 1024 x 768 x 32 at about 45-100 fps. The AI is the best I've seen in a FPS game.

Alot of people are having trouble running the game. If ya plan to buy it, check Raven forums first.

I don't care for the multiplayer....so so IMO.

SOF2 IS the STUFF MAN!

Its amazing

I think Im half way through, but Im not sure. It is VERY hard, but the story is amazing and so is the AI. The game is just hands down the best FPS single player mission Ive ever played! I really like MOH2, but I never reached the ending@! (I got as far as the bridge scene which I think is near the end, when it blows up and all the tanks are there).. I reformatted and lost my spot so I said screw it.

Anyhow, SOF2 is amazing

It is very hard, I die alot. I was gettin only 20-45 fps so I had to back off on the eye candy a tad. I can run 1024 x 768 x 32 at about 45-100 fps. The AI is the best I've seen in a FPS game.

When you said eye candy, what eye candy are those?

Light flares >>>>> simple
tex quality >>>>>>medium
tex filter >>>>>>> Trilinear (It works for me so I set it higher the bilinear)
Anis filter >>>> 0
FSAA >>>> off
Alias shader >>>> off
Advanced tex >>>> off
curved subs >>>> low

curve detail >>>> med
model detail >>>> med
shadow quality >>> blob
shell casings >>> off
# of decals >>>> average
image longevity >>>> short
model longevity >>>>> short

Gee.. The details are rather low :( OH well, hopefully I'll get decent framerates on my GF2MX {G}

BTW, are there bots in the game?

Gee.. The details are rather low

I somewhat agree. The game is very graphic intensive. Folks over at the Raven forum are bitchin up a blue streak.

IMO, even backed off on those items, the visuals still satisfy me. With my computer setup, I was hopeing I could run almost any game "full eye candy" but I can't on this one. JK2 I can. :D
My Audigy and 4.1 sound give these games even more enjoyment.

Good luck !

Originally posted by Boogie
I somewhat agree. The game is very graphic intensive. Folks over at the Raven forum are bitchin up a blue streak.

IMO, even backed off on those items, the visuals still satisfy me. With my computer setup, I was hopeing I could run almost any game "full eye candy" but I can't on this one. JK2 I can. :D
My Audigy and 4.1 sound give these games even more enjoyment.

Good luck !

Gosh.. I just noticed that you have a GF3. It's high time I get at *least* a GF3Ti200 for both GTA3 and SoF2 :(

I'd like to say I'm working on a guide, but still awaiting to buy the retail version now so can only work off the demo at the moment, heh.
BTW - Alias Shader On is faster than Off.

My Geforce 3 handles SOF easy, with everything enabled.
The 2.3GHZ processor doesn't hurt.

The Geforce 4 does an even better job, but I really dont notice a difference in game feel between the 2

Hmm, I have to disagree on the graphics ... I run them at full detail too, but I can't say they blew me away like Jedi Outcast. The game itself is solid though, it has a nice story and it's also plenty tough.

SoF2 runs just fine at 1024x768x32 (not measured fps but very playable) with a lot of details on using

Intel Pentium 4 1.6 @ 1.92 GHz
Soltek SL-85SD-C motherboard
256M PC-133 SDRAM
Sound Blaster Live! Value
Gainward GeForce2Ti 64M
Realtek RTL8139C NIC
Pinnacle PCTV Rave
2 x 40Gb Samsung hdd

running Wine in Linux from Scratch.

Runs fine on my system (see link in signature) at 1024.
Only played a little of it but I can't say I am all that impressed.
Maybe once I get a bit more into it... :confused:

Runs well, and looks nice even on older machines. (Athlon 1Ghz + Voodoo 3 @800x600 low/medium settings). The multiplayer is quite good, makes a bit of a change from CS (especially with weapons like RPG launchers and the like). Have been playing it in my local Cybercafe, plays fine at 1024x768 with all detail on AthlonXP 1.7/Geforce3Ti200/256DDR.

Have finished the game and enjoyed playing it muchly. To me, the AI seemed picky at times, but still challenging. I thought the grafix were intense in some levels-such as the Columbian jungle- and my vid settings were a mix between med-high on a P3 850 running gf4mx440. What I really like is the RMG (random mission generator) as I don't know of any other FPS'ers that have similiar.

I've tried running SoF2 on my system and it's REALLY slow and choppy as well. I can't believe how and why it's so slow. I'm only at 640x480x16. Guess it's my GF2MX... AGAIN! :(

I'm hoping to have a guide for it finished today, I'll probably post it up myself later on if I've time too. More so for single player at the moment given the 2 different menus they use & I'm not in the mood for differentiating just yet :)

Update - Finished it now, just will have to await julio htmling/uploading it now.

Originally posted by lokem
Totally out of topic: Curious, do you write the review in Word document?

With Thomas its more likely to be the back of a fag/cigarette packet ;) :p
Looking forward to SOF2 guide Thomas :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back