Anyone know how to enter the BIOS of a HP/Compaq?

Jessy12

I've recently upgrade my graphics card on my Compaq and I think my 300 watt power supply may be struggling. I haven't upgraded it yet and I was trying to refrain from doing that, which is why I purchased the ATI hd6670 1gb Gddr5. It seems to be the best bang for your buck, as far as cards that really don't need a upgraded power supply, at least from what I've been reading. I was trying to adjust my power settings but I just can't seem to find the option to get into the bios. F11 is for system restore, F2 is boot menu, and ESC is settings. I went to ESC to check the settings, but there isn't anywhere to adjust bios in there. I tried all the other F keys with no luck. I know I could probably go to a HP/compaq support forum, but I figured since I'm up here a lot, and there are a lot of PC gamers up here also, I could ask. I have upgraded the computer to the max RAM that it supports, which is 4gb 6400spd, and it does have a AThlon 64 dual core processor, so while it isn't a monster gaming PC by no means, I think it would be a decent mid-range one. Any thoughts on how to adjust power settings in bios? I have the Ati Catalyst Control Center, but there isn't anything in there to adjust power settings, or devert voltage for the card. I tried MSI after burner, but the voltage set up is locked. I've read that ATI cards lock their voltage settings, is this true? Thanks for any input. I'm usually a console gamer, but I'm trying to enter the PC gaming market. Yeah I know I could buy a better PC, it's just that I've already had this one , so I figured what the h3ll.
g.php

I haven't looked up the power requirements for a 6670 but I think I can safely say you'll need a new power supply, preferably a reliable brand. If you still wanna get into the bios you could try the "delete" key.

AMD recommends a 400 watt power supply. I wouldn't use that card until you get a new power supply. Stressing it could cause it to fail and that can tear up components.

Back