Anyone playing SimCity 3000 Unlimited ?

By erwin1978
Mar 15, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any SimCity 3000 Unlimited owners in here?

I just got a chance to play this game today and I was somewhat disappointed: what happened to the high-res closeup of cities? I know the game is old, but I went through my old, '99 PC Gamer magazine and sure enough they had pictures of SimCity 3000 with high-res closeups; the details on building were sharp and you could actually see people. So what happened to the game? Did Maxis decide not to add that feature?
  2. boeingfixer

boeingfixer Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,245

Hey erwin1978,

I too have played it and noticed the lack of the close-ups. Have you ever played the older "Sim Copter " ? It was quite the fun at the time. I never did get a chance to build my own city and fly in it.

They should make a new one with both games tied together. You build your city and then run missions in it with the helicopter. It was very fun and a different twist on the traditional flight sims.
  3. erwin1978

erwin1978 TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 327

I just wanted to make sure that this disk wasn't a crippled version of the game or I had to download something to enable that feature, but the advertisements sure were misleading. The game doesn't seem as groundbreaking as I once had thought. I've played Gangsters and they have high-res close-ups of the streets. Maxis should've done the same.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.