TechSpot

Anyone tried the new Intel Core i7 CPU?

By davids
Nov 26, 2008
  1. Is anyone using this processor, or have any information about it? I am thinking about purchasing one, but cant really find that much info on it.

Just wondering how good it really is...

2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,059   +645

3. davids

davids TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 96

Thanks Julio.

I must admit I havnt been on the site for a while.

Like the new layout though!

4. gabrielhobro

gabrielhobro TS Rookie Posts: 36

yeah i have it is sweet i bouht the must powerful one and overclocked to 4Ghz, but i need to get better cooling or it will melt, but i can play crysis full on with anti aliasing set at x16,

5. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

No you can't. Unless you mean either you're running 640x480, or your technically PLAYING Crysis, but it's a slideshow.

6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

I just bought a 30in lcd samsung 2400x1600. Also received my 4870x2 in x fire. 2560x1600 and I cant run highest settings without noticing a little lag.

7. Rud3bwoy

Rud3bwoy TS Rookie Posts: 33

lol for the guy with the i7 whats your crysis setting and fps?

8. LinkedKube

Who me? guessing not

9. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 1,835

Can you really get online in 5 secs from boot up? I was looking at that P6T board or whatever and I thought it mentioned that you could do so with some kind of "Express Gate." I was also looking at the ridiculous prices on the new CPUs... not to mention the triple channel memory. It's only a matter of time before AMD releases a new platform that blows the i7 away. I bet they are obsoleted in a few months...

10. LinkedKube

Yes you can boot up in 5-10 seconds. Its pretty cool. core i7's will be here for some time. AMD's next line of cpu's aren't going to run triple channel memory either, which shows a huge advantage in benchmarks.

11. Rud3bwoy

Rud3bwoy TS Rookie Posts: 33

you can boot up in 5-10 seconds on a quad core processor so whats so special?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.