Anyone tried the new Intel Core i7 CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davids

Is anyone using this processor, or have any information about it? I am thinking about purchasing one, but cant really find that much info on it.

Just wondering how good it really is...

yeah i have it is sweet i bouht the must powerful one and overclocked to 4Ghz, but i need to get better cooling or it will melt, but i can play crysis full on with anti aliasing set at x16,

No you can't. Unless you mean either you're running 640x480, or your technically PLAYING Crysis, but it's a slideshow.

I just bought a 30in lcd samsung 2400x1600. Also received my 4870x2 in x fire. 2560x1600 and I cant run highest settings without noticing a little lag.

Can you really get online in 5 secs from boot up? I was looking at that P6T board or whatever and I thought it mentioned that you could do so with some kind of "Express Gate." I was also looking at the ridiculous prices on the new CPUs... not to mention the triple channel memory. It's only a matter of time before AMD releases a new platform that blows the i7 away. I bet they are obsoleted in a few months...

Can you really get online in 5 secs from boot up? I was looking at that P6T board or whatever and I thought it mentioned that you could do so with some kind of "Express Gate." I was also looking at the ridiculous prices on the new CPUs... not to mention the triple channel memory. It's only a matter of time before AMD releases a new platform that blows the i7 away. I bet they are obsoleted in a few months...

Yes you can boot up in 5-10 seconds. Its pretty cool. core i7's will be here for some time. AMD's next line of cpu's aren't going to run triple channel memory either, which shows a huge advantage in benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back