Anyone tried the new Intel Core i7 CPU?

By davids
Nov 26, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is anyone using this processor, or have any information about it? I am thinking about purchasing one, but cant really find that much info on it.

Just wondering how good it really is...
  2. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

3. davids

davids Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 177

Thanks Julio.

I must admit I havnt been on the site for a while.

Like the new layout though!
  4. gabrielhobro

gabrielhobro Newcomer, in training Posts: 37

yeah i have it is sweet i bouht the must powerful one and overclocked to 4Ghz, but i need to get better cooling or it will melt, but i can play crysis full on with anti aliasing set at x16,
  5. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

No you can't. Unless you mean either you're running 640x480, or your technically PLAYING Crysis, but it's a slideshow.
  6. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,264   +41

I just bought a 30in lcd samsung 2400x1600. Also received my 4870x2 in x fire. 2560x1600 and I cant run highest settings without noticing a little lag.
  7. Rud3bwoy

Rud3bwoy Newcomer, in training Posts: 44

lol for the guy with the i7 whats your crysis setting and fps?
  8. LinkedKube

Who me? guessing not
  9. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Posts: 2,278

Can you really get online in 5 secs from boot up? I was looking at that P6T board or whatever and I thought it mentioned that you could do so with some kind of "Express Gate." I was also looking at the ridiculous prices on the new CPUs... not to mention the triple channel memory. It's only a matter of time before AMD releases a new platform that blows the i7 away. I bet they are obsoleted in a few months...
  10. LinkedKube

Yes you can boot up in 5-10 seconds. Its pretty cool. core i7's will be here for some time. AMD's next line of cpu's aren't going to run triple channel memory either, which shows a huge advantage in benchmarks.
  11. Rud3bwoy

Rud3bwoy Newcomer, in training Posts: 44

you can boot up in 5-10 seconds on a quad core processor so whats so special?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.