Anyone Use Gos?

By daniel161
Mar 12, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I downloaded the 'live' disk of gos, according to what I have read, it is just UBUNTU with Enlightnment as the GUI. The reason I switiched to opesSUSE, was that I could not stand Gnome (sp?). It LOOKS good, but the functionality/useability was just not working for me.

Last night I downloaded gos and I am now running the live disk now, so far the only quirk I have found was the spell checker in FireeFox does not work correctly, but that could be a live disk issue.

One of the main reasons I like gos is that it runs FAST! It is faster on the live cd, then OpenSUSE is installed!

So I want to switch, and I am one click away to install it, but I wanted to ask here to see if anyone had a real negative about it.

Thanks!

--Daniel L
  2. daniel161

daniel161 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 94

I guess no-one uses Gos then....
  3. gigastrand

gigastrand Newcomer, in training

I am downloading it right now for evaluation. I will let you know what happens.
  4. tide1

tide1 Newcomer, in training

I have gOS installed in Virtual PC 2007.

I only use it for running the CLI. Sometimes Windows just doesn't cut it.

It does what I need it too.

Although getting the mouse to install was a hassle! You have to edit the boot kernel.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.