Anyone using "TV 3.0"?

I don't, but I do watch a fair bit of online video. Out of those hundreds/thousands of channels, how many of them have anything worth watching for 99.9% of us? I bet less than 20. Those same 20 can probably be accessed through a web browser by going directly to the site.

So no, I haven't used it, but it seems like a somewhat shady piece of software to install just to get access to a lot of crap :S

I was basically wondering if this app was worth checking out. It would seem that any TV app, would not be very desirable if all they have are trash channels. I personally don't have the bandwidth to support such apps and was wondering if upgrading my Internet would be worth it.

I downloaded it today and looked for programs from Germany. CC is correct not much in the way of entertaining TV. QVC is there as well as a few other all shopping channels. There are a few News channels, public access and government stations. It looks like almost all of them broadcast for a few hours a day.

Might be worth just browsing through what Justin.tv offers. They have movies and tv shows, as well as several news broadcasts from various places around the globe. A lot of cities with their own local network affiliates (NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox) will broadcast their newscasts free. I get up at 5am and watch St. Louis news on ksdk.com while I'm getting ready for work.

Sports are also available in both legal (although most legal options cost money or require other hoops) and pirated. I haven't had traditional tv for a few years now, and I miss some of its conveniences, but I can usually find what I want to watch.

You could try livestation.com its basically news. I don't know if you care about CBS sitcoms, but you can watch their programming at www.cbs.com If you have an adblocker, you won't see the ads.

Back