Anyone with a Hercules or Turtle Beach sound card??

By vegasgmc
Aug 23, 2003
  1. Do their drivers have bass and trebble controls? I want to ditch my pain in the *** SB Live. I got an Aopen card based on the Cmedia chip. Sounds great but no bass and trebble. I need those controls for headphone listening and its easier than reaching behind my subwoofer to adjust the bass.
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

I have a turtle beach santa cruz it has a equalizer in the control panel which allows you to set things manually or use one of several presets.
  3. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,319

Even better than that, they all have (The Santa Cruz & all the Hercules Crystal CS 4624/4630 soundcards) a 10-band hardware equaliser.
  4. vega

vega TS Enthusiast Posts: 147

The Santa Cruz control panel has a superb control panel (unlike the sb live) which allows you to configure and control with the minimum of fuss.
    it has separate slider controls for subwoofer, centre speakers and front/rear surrounds along with the excellent versajack configerable input.
    I use mine primarily with headphones and can say that it works like a dream.
  5. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 993

I m using a Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1 Digital. I has a 10-band equalizer like what Thomas said, with 8 presets to choose from, supports all the formats a SB Live does. The control panel allows me to be able to adjust the volume of the individual front and rear speakers.
  6. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

check out comp USA if there is one near you a friend of mine just boght a turtle beach santa cruz for 39.00 at one last Thur. it was 79.00 with a 40.00 instant in store rebate.
  7. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,377

Thanks. There are alot of good cards on Ebay especially Turtles. I'll try to get on there.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.