TechSpot

AOC announces massive 35-inch curved gaming monitor

By Shawn Knight
Nov 8, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Chinese display manufacturer AOC has unveiled a massive 35-inch monitor squarely aimed at PC gaming enthusiasts.

The AOC AGON AG352QCX features a 35-inch curved MVA panel sporting a resolution of 2,560 x 1,080 (21:9 aspect ratio) pixels with a maximum refresh rate of 200Hz.

The resolution immediately stands out as being humdrum on a screen of this size although it may appeal to gamers willing to sacrifice pixel density in the name of higher frame rates. Those accustomed to high-resolution 4K screens, however, will likely be disappointed with the lack of pixels.

The monitor, which utilizes an “optimal curve radius” of 2,000mm, also supports Adaptive-Sync technology (and FreeSync) to eliminate screen tearing issues. As for inputs, buyers will get one VGA port, a DVI port, an HDMI port and a DisplayPort as well as two USB 3.0 ports and audio jacks.

Brightness tops out at 300 cd/m2 with a contrast ratio that can reach 2,000:1, viewing angles of 178 / 178 degrees and a response time of 4ms. The monitor offers swivel, tilt and height adjustments but there’s no option to pivot. Included with each purchase is a VGA cable, HDMI cable, DisplayPort cable, audio cables and of course, a power cable.

The AOC AG352QCX goes on sale in Europe next month for £699 (around $865 USD).

Permalink to story.

2. VitalyT

VitalyT Russ-Puss Posts: 3,156   +1,431

To PC gaming enthusiasts that resolution is an insult, and it fades down everything else.

cartera and wastedkill like this.
  3. Comanche

Comanche TS Rookie

and to the masses like me, 2K resolution is simply awesome, but price....... gonna have to wait until this thing cost $300.00

4. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,218   +1,244

I agree, 1080p! Get out AOC ;)

This should be at least 2,560 x 1,440.

Reehahs likes this.
  5. EClyde

EClyde TS Guru Posts: 710   +183

How far back would one have to sit to find this size useful ?

6. Steve

Steve TechSpot Editor Posts: 2,218   +1,244

Not far, I sit pretty close to my Dell 32" and it's great :)

7. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 1,682   +787

Huh ..... I guess if they priced it $200 it would be worth it, but with no better resolution I wouldn't be using it for a door stop ......

8. Kenrick

Kenrick TS Booster Posts: 190   +89

Holy c0w! Look at the back! I'm impressed at that modern design! It is like an aircraft design! Blue LED nice! And that price!

Too bad I dont need a legacy monitor.

9. Experimentongod

Experimentongod TS Addict Posts: 227   +86

The pixels on this thing are so big it will look like garbage. Another pointless monitor.

10. Comanche

Comanche TS Rookie

I have a samsung 32 inch curved 1080p monitor , and im so glad im not jaded calling trash everything that is not 4k, even though the very same people that call it garbage are typing on a 1080p monitor