TechSpot

AOL reimagines email with Alto web client for Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud

By Jos
Oct 18, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Managing your email can be a chore with the never-ending stream of messages from social networks, newsletters, daily deals, retailers and other services we've signed up to over the years clogging up our inbox. AOL believes it can make things...

Read more

2. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

Does it support POP3? if it only does IMAP then you're just clogging up your actual mail accounts with messages. and most people who don't know.. will never go back and check their actual account, resulting in overflow.

I think AOL should change their name. it has a bad history and people associate the name with the history.

3. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Evangelist Posts: 810   +102

I agree. I thought aol was pretty much done although I know people who still use the email occasionally and I use the AIM regularly.

4. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,718   +87

I've never been an AOL user but I'm willing to give this one a shot.

5. The Icesnake

The Icesnake TS Rookie

Too late. AOL is history; an Apple wannabe, trying to control walled gardens. Excellent for pre-teens and Alzheimer's patients, no good for people who need free exchange of ideas.

6. TechMancer

TechMancer TS Member Posts: 56

Alec Baldwin still uses AOL, even though his corporate managers are some of the dumbest *****s in the world. (taken from funny pic)(y)

7. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,435   +145

This actually looks fairly nice to be honest, I like the looks of it.

8. Change its name? Are you crazy! AOL users are very loyal to this brand - a concept that teeny boppers probably aren't familiar with. AOL is coming back in a major way. Heck my AOL stock is up over 75% since I bought it last April! :p

NTAPRO likes this.
  9. TechMancer

TechMancer TS Member Posts: 56

Heheh... That explains the joke I posted.