Apache Server for Windows XP will not ouput Perl scripts properly

Rick

Staff
I wasn't sure where to stick this thread, so when in doubt...

I've setup the newest version of Apache Server and newest version of Active Perl on a Windows XP computer.

CGI/Perl scripts execute fine via the server, but it refuses to display the output in the browser. Instead, Apache insists on delivering the output as a downloadable file.

Now, the neat thing is, the file contains the exact output that would have been displayed in the browser (if it were working correctly). So, a perl script like this:

#!perl
print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
print "Hello?";

Gives me a downloadable text file that says "Hello?". The scripts do indeed work properly, their output is just getting downloaded instead of displayed.

I've included my config file so any of your who are knowledgable about this can look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Are there any suggestions to fix this?

I've got it.. I'm so silly!

I used the text/plain header instead of text/html in my script. text/plain does not work properly for Internet Explorer because MS is a bunch of monopolistic imperialists...

Originally posted by Rick
text/plain does not work properly for Internet Explorer because MS is a bunch of monopolistic imperialists...

Preach my man Rickeh, preach the good words !!! :D

I do have another problem, however. It seems that a perl script with the .pl extension works well.. However, with the CGI description, does not. If I add the .cgi extension, it never completes the script (As in the browser just sits there waiting for it to respond)

Ideas?

Back