Apparent random crash. Posting mini-dump file

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this sounds weird, but the other day, after playing World of Warcraft, I had left my room for about 15 minutes. When I had gotten upstairs, my computer looked like it was in standby or something weird, but it turns out it had restarted somehow and was at the login screen. I assumed my computer had somehow blue screened or error'd. After I logged in, I got no error message at all, but today (the day after), I logged in and got it. Here's the error signature:

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : D4E40000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 8051BA42
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I'll also include my minidump file in case someone can check it over and tell me what the problem is.

Thank you all very much for your time and attention! Much appreciated! I'm just really worried as to why my computer started doing this, it's the first time it has ever happened to me on this computer.

Attachments

• Mini112708-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 11
BugCheck 10000050, {d4e40000, 0, 8051ba42, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

Very general sadly

Confirm all drivers are up to date from your manufacture support page
Please run Memtest on your Ram

So you think it might be a problem with my ram? Hmm... damnit.. why does my problem have to be so generalized? lol
Actually, as a screwed up side note, I have 2 sticks of 1 gig ram in my computer, yet when I go to the properties of 'My Computer' it says I only have 1gig of ram. And with the other stick out, it says I have about 700 megs or something weird. Maybe I should take it to Future Shop and ask them to fix my ram... and also to make it so that stupid fan doesn't rev up like psycho when I start my computer.

Actually to be truthful I think some games just don't work well on some users computers
It's a certain way they are put together hardware wise. This Video card; that Ram; that CPU. No one has ever put a finger on it exactly
Manufacturers do say this card may not work etc, but I believe it's a combination of things

There's one other area too:
If you're a PC gamer, remove these:
Internet Security software packages ->All
Norton anything -> Remove remove remove!
Virtual software, like Alcohol 120% Remove
3rd party firewalls (ie ZA). Too much hype on these things, remove, and use Windows firewall
Just about all other startups! (except basic Antivirus) Remove

Doing the above, is exactly what I'd do.

hm... damn. I don't really have ANY of those.... and my computer has Ran World of Warcraft perfectly since I''ve played it... which has been over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back