Apple: 15 billion downloaded apps on iOS

By Emil
Jul 7, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple today announced that over 15 billion apps have been downloaded from its App Store by the more than 200 million iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users worldwide. The company…

Read the whole story
  2. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 884   +86

15 billion examples of how to waste your mobile data
  3. g4mer

g4mer TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 340

-"In just three years, the revolutionary App Store has grown to become the most exciting and successful software marketplace the world has ever seen,"
    /facepalm
    I really don't have any words for this.
  4. There's so much trash in the app store it's not even funny anymore. 15B is a big number, but if it's just kids downloading fart apps and 99c so called "adult only" jpegs in an app people put up to make a quick buck, it don't mean much.
  5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

What's sad is that there are people reading that quote, and they actually get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
  6. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd Newcomer, in training Posts: 555

agreed, though i found this quote to be the most entertaining

"Thank you to all of our amazing developers who have filled it with over 425,000 of the coolest apps"

This is laughable, the greater majority of these so called coolest apps are a waste of space, that goes for the android market as well.
  7. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

You think it's just a matter of eating some chili, going to the bathroom and hitting record, but there is actually a lot of complex post production work involved in coming up with a quality fart app. You can't just run it through an autotuner plugin, its really a labor of love.
  8. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,887   +84

:haha:
    who says you don't learn anything here!
  9. aj_the_kidd

aj_the_kidd Newcomer, in training Posts: 555

Sorry what was i thinking, lol ;)
  10. herpaderp

herpaderp TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 159

Where can I download your quality works, good sir?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.