Apple and four publishers offer EC e-book price fixing settlement

By Leeky
Sep 20, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple, Hachette, HarperCollins, Holtzbrinck and Simon & Schuster have offered to overhaul their pricing models in order to settle with the European Commission over anti-trust allegations that the firms colluded to fix e-book prices.

Read more
  2. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

Oh dear I wish I could figure out how to quote!! That last line of Apples is pricless! Fundamentally unfair......thats Apple pardon the pun, all the way to the core!! They have used "unfair" business practices that though may not be illegal, is certainly unfair. Samsung can attest to that. I wish the legal deptarment of Apple could for one min take their head out of the case, and look at the situation like the public does. Or maybe this is just Karma!! Either way, its nice to see Apple getting a taste of its own "sour" fruit!
  3. Neojt

Neojt TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 137   +9

Ah ebooks .. the biggest monney pile publisher have ever found

Why is an ebook the same price (or almost) has a hard copy!! you dont have to Print,ship,distribute,pay floor employees to sell them .....

This is price fixing ppl want to go green well put a REAL price on ebooks and youll see the amout of paper a year we save!
  4. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,378   +98

@Tygerstrike To quote text from articles, or anywhere else online for that matter, just copy the text you want to copy and then insert them like below:

[*quote]text goes in here, between the brackets, and without the *[/quote]

What you get then, is this:
    Hope that helps.
  5. avioza

avioza Newcomer, in training Posts: 55   +15

@Leeky

On my screen the quote box dissapeared... no text size, quotes, colorchanges or anything happened to differentiate your quote from normal.

I have had issues with this in the past.
  6. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,378   +98

@avioza Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean.

Are you saying you can't see a quote box in my last reply above?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.