Apple and Intel rumored to be developing an iWatch for 2013

By Shawn Knight
Dec 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple and Intel are rumored to be working on a smartwatch that could be ready for production sometime in the first half of 2013. Some elements of this rumor do make sense from a business standpoint but others seem a...

Read more
  2. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 965   +147

Well, if it has at least a heart rate monitor (like some timex models), then health buffs will buy it.

but apple should drop the iBrand already... it's bordering on *** already...
  3. iAgree

*****ic

iStopItAlready
    H3llion likes this.
  4. So... everyone is working on a watch like this. I predicted the same exact thing 2 years ago... (that within 5 years most people will be **** tracy.)

Watch Apple try and patent it... lol
  5. Nima304

Nima304 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 282   +28

I think it'd be great. A watch that could tell you the forecast, could display text messages, and even display health-related information would combine a large number of devices, and would place them all in an easily-reached place. My only question is about water-proofing and battery life. I wouldn't buy this if I had to plug it into a wall at the end of every day, and if I couldn't take it into water.
  6. Johnny Utah

Johnny Utah Newcomer, in training Posts: 18

In before hipsters commenting on how this is revolutionary. Blah whatever. Apple is the devil.
  7. Me too I rip off small KickStarter companies.
  8. Attention all watch manufacturers... get your attorneys at the ready, as Apple will soon apply for a for the circular or round watch format.
  9. bexwhitt

bexwhitt TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 153   +22

10. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

In our ever increasing tech world a simple device that would integrate multiple devices to a single screen would be a bit of a godsend. I know many ppl who have to carry a backpack just to lug around all thier devices and hook up equiptment. This does have the potential to be a very useful idea. However its Apple making it, so it will only work with Apple products and inevitably will fall off the market unless someone else finds a way to make it work across multiple platforms. Great idea, its just sad it came from Apple. If its true.
  11. p51d007

p51d007 TechSpot Booster Posts: 291   +38

I guess the steam has run out of the iEngine, and they need to produce something that no one will want, but will generate the hype to get the iSheep to line up for a week in advance.
    I thought no one really bought watches anymore, depending on the phone for time keeping.

12. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 265   +77

I wonder if Apple will try to sue the universe for using it's patented time constant; Every time someone differentiates a first order LTI they will owe Apple $10..
  13. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

I'd get it if it cost less than $100, which probably isn't likely lol
  14. I think this would be great. Blue tooth celluar, facetime, watch, health device, ipod music, all in one... can you say "home run" product. But would depend on price. Some stupid fools spends hundreds on a watch becasue of a name but now a phone can actually do something is great and worth $299+. I would buy.
  15. dotVezz

dotVezz TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 117

Facetime on a watch would be cool...
  16. Another revolutionary product by Apple!

No more old-fashioned mechanical watches made from the third world country like Switzerland, where workers have to make watches individually by hand and sell the product at an overpriced rate.

Apple stock should go over $700/share easily like it did with iPhone 5 for the awesome product design...
  17. I think Apple is really run by Gene Simmons? iCoffin is next?
  18. LukeDJ

LukeDJ TechSpot Addict Posts: 414   +112

This'll go the same as all apple products. They will be labeled as "revolutionary" and "bold", and their product will sell like hotcakes for it's first few years (excuse me, "generations"), and by the time the iwatch 4 comes out, people will finally realize that there are better offers available (in this case, likely Android) and the product will go down in popularity.
    T77 likes this.

19. Wow, I never realized how inconvenient it is to pull my phone from my pocket until now.
  20. It doesn't look like Apple made this, it's really ugly and pointless.
  21. Littleczr

Littleczr TechSpot Booster Posts: 368   +68

It's very simple. If you watch the TV show Star trek you will understand where they get their ideas from. If I was Android I would tell my RD department to watch the show and come up with ideas on how to match those gadgets.
  22. Mamoon69

Mamoon69 Newcomer, in training Posts: 17

23. OMG...

People will buy it because they think Apple makes them someone. Yet, these types of watches have existed forever. Ever hear about D!ck Tracy ..?
  24. klepto12

klepto12 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,364   +9

Ummmm who wears watches anymore besides nurses and doctors?
  25. Intel + apple developing iWatch..

Hmm, I wonder what OS will be used? iOS or WP8?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.