TechSpot

Apple at odds with Nokia, RIM, Motorola over nano-SIM standard

By Jos
Mar 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) is scheduled to take a vote on the nano-SIM standard next week. The proposed designs -- one backed by Apple and the other by…

Read the whole story

2. Apple, apple, apple... Will you ever learn?

3. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Unfortunately, it is not always the best design that wins... as a tech person I'd hope for a balance between cost and improvement over the older technology it hopes to replace.

Yup Apple is throwing its weight around. I just hope it is in the best interest in the people that are giving up their money and not a posturing battle of the Titians where the customer loses in the long run.

4. What do you want apple to learn. Apple so far been the best at anything. People worship apple. Look at the line in stores when apple releases something. Do you think you will have the same line when win 8 crap comes out? At best buy perhaps?

5. m4a4

m4a4 TS Guru Posts: 751   +270

Well, as a Guest I declare your opinions as BS.

Otherwise apple is too used to getting their way, and it's not always good. Looking at articles it seems that they are being pissy about the issue and are trying to shoehorn their way. For those reasons alone I am fully against apple winning.

6. Apple has become one of the most litigous corps around. For that reason alone, I hope they lose. Aside from that, may the best design win.