TechSpot

Apple confirms September 12 event, new iPhone expected

By Jos
Sep 4, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has sent out invitations for a press conference on September 12th. The company didn't reveal the exact nature of the event, but if you've been following the news it should be pretty obvious: it's all about the next iPhone....

Read more

2. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Enthusiast Posts: 268   +77

Don't care.. in fact the more pathetic the lawsuits Apple launches become, the less I care. ( is it possible to 'negative sum' care? )

3. Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've always had android smart phones but ive also always wanted an iphone, especially after jailbreaking my old ipod touch

4. 12 million Apple devices that have had their UDIDs leaked by AntiSec, reportedly from a breach of an FBI agent’s laptop.

AntiSec claimed on Tuesday that it had culled 12 million device IDs, along with accompanying personal information, from the FBI in March of this year.

The hacker group then leaked 1 million of them, saying it had removed some of the identifiable information from the list, while leaving enough for users to see if their device was leaked.

Since UDIDs are unique to each iPhone and iPad, having yours end up in the wrong hands is a concern. The bigger issue, however, is that they were tied to additional personal information, including user names, device names, notification tokens, cell phone numbers and addresses, that could potentially lead to identity theft.

5. Alexmx

Alexmx TS Member Posts: 23

not sure if trolling ¬¬

I for one couldn't care less abou the "innovations" that iphone 5 will have...

6. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TS Evangelist Posts: 1,096   +43

What, already?

I havent really even had a chance to see the Iphone 4, or 4s.

And all you who cant wait... why not? Hold off for the Iphone 5s, right? It's right around the corner...

7. Nice how the shadow is a '5'-shaped shadow. Apple and their marketing team at work.

8. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TS Booster Posts: 363   +86

Sixth iPhone?

iPhone
    iPhone 2
    iPhone 3
    iPhone 3g
    iPhone 3gs
    iPhone 4
    iPhone 4s
    iPhone 5

I count eight.

9. ghasmanjr

I'm sure it will be the same price as the 5 will be. You only have to wait an extra year...

10. Jos

Jos TechSpot Staff Topic Starter Posts: 2,097   +66 Staff Member

@ghasmanjr that's because you are counting a couple of products that never existed ;) (iPhone 2 and 3). The correct timeline would be the original iPhone (2007), iPhone 3G (2008), iPhone 3GS (2009), iPhone 4 (2010), iPhone 4S (2011), iPhone 5 (2012).

11. ghasmanjr

Apple is completely misconstruing the concept of numbers. This can lead to people being wrong on forums!

12. ghasmanjr

Um...that post did not show up correctly

13. To the earlier guest who commented about leaked iDevice data.

Maybe the entire Lulsec pwning the FBI story is a deliberate and well timed anti apple propaganda stunt? Of course the FBI is denying everything including having the claimed data in the first place and that if they did it wouldn't be stored locally on some guys unencrypted laptop...

None of those IDs have been verified or matched as far as I've heard. Not that I've actively looked into it since I don't own any apple devices to be worried.

14. Well mr ranger for not carring you sure as hell care to post a lot of dum b a ss commeters.

15. It is so interesting how others think that we should be freking out for numbers being leaked. You have a house number on your house. No one freaks out over that. Everyone in your street knows you live there. So now the world knows where my device lives. Who the hell cares. What they going to steel my baking resepie. Or the pictures of my dog. Or garden. Or the stupid jack ss videos my kids recorded crashing shopping carts. Or do you want to watch me on the camera while I brows the web sitting on the toilet.

16. Mokito

Mokito TS Rookie

Not interested. After having so much problem about my iphone 3g and my ipod nano. I don't care anymore

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.