Apple drops new iPad's "4G" over the weekend, now called iPad + Cellular

By Leeky
May 14, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple appears to have given in to regulatory pressure after the UK's consumer watchdog, the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA), as well as Australia's counterpart, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission...

Read the whole story
  2. Article title is a bit misleading. They dropped "4g" label in countries that the ipad's 4g is incompatibility (and never will work) in other countries.

Apple should not of had it labeled "4g" where it's incompatible with that's countries 4'gs.
  3. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 368   +39

Proof read your own comments before criticizing another person's writing.
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,889   +609

Misleading is being nice.... some people call that lying. Example...."Apple drops's iPad's 4g label' (from ipads in australia). That's an important detail. Try telling your boss "I finished all my work" without adding "that I had planned to do today" Or maybe saying 'I went to work today' without adding that you walked in the front door, bought a coffee and went back home.

Really though... it's phrased like that so you'll say 'What? They did?!' and click on the story. Bill Clinton can explain this idea better.
  5. Leeky

Leeky TechSpot Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,378   +97

Nothing misleading about pointing that fact out when even the US and Canadian stores have been changed to read iPad + Cellular as well, which makes it more of a point to note given that they're both using 4G LTE networks that are actually compatible with the iPad's hardware. It's not just AUS and the UK online stores that have been changed.
  6. taimuraly

taimuraly TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 109

I live in the United Arab Emirates, Dubai and even here its called cellular now ^_^

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.