TechSpot

Apple employees get $500 off Macs, $250 off iPads and raises

By Rick
Jun 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Fulfilling a promise it made in January, Apple has reworked its employee discount program to include $500 off Mac computers and $250 off of iPads. According to 9to5Mac, this discount stacks with an existing 25 percent off which Apple employees…

Read more

2. Wendig0

Wendig0 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,078   +76

Anyone here work for Apple? PM me ;)

3. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 733   +230

If that was the price of their PCs for <I>anyone</I> they'd have 50% of the market in under two years. I am impressed with Apple actually rewarding its employees. Compare that to any other company making record profits who only enrich their top management while firing everyone else they can. And btw, Apple doesn't make its own processors...no idea how that got in there.

4. Lionvibez

Lionvibez TS Enthusiast Posts: 599   +89

I wonder if jobs would have approved this?

5. m4a4

m4a4 TS Addict Posts: 536   +149

With all the revenue they make from the apple tax, I am not surprised they would do this...

6. Does that include slave laborers?

7. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Enthusiast Posts: 268   +77

why is this even news worthy?

8. Kudos to Apple for rewarding employees commensurate with their well deserved success. They make class leading hardware and software and have class leading service to go along with it. They have continually raised the bar on what consumers can expect from computer tech.

9. This is rediculous! How about saying that the Apple iPad is overpriced for the consumer! Apple employees are not really getting a discount. They are just paying a more justified price for something that is overpriced.

10. They make hardware ? Are you loco Mr Guest above me?

11. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,626   +320

Ah, guest posts, so full of insight and well reasoned thoughts.

12. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,568   +103

Wonder if the workers in the Foxconn factories get any bonuses...

13. So they get it at the price it should really be at then. They're getting the products without the '*****' tax they chuck on top for the shiny apple logo...

14. psycros

psycros TS Booster Posts: 733   +230

An extra biscuit.

15. Awesome, I'm sure all the Chinese kids slaving away to make this crap are getting $4 and hour raises

16. This is the stupidest post on here. Apple Store employees (the ones getting the raises, the subject of this article) don't make any hardware or software. What a clueless post. The people that actually slave away to make the products don't get jack except tall buildings to jump off of

17. Wow, if this isn't the ultimate F-YOU to apple's legions of slaves in China I don't know what is

18. I want Jobs to be the ghost in my machine!!!!

19. "Each employee may only use their discount once every three years"

There you go, not all that great as it looks. People must have some lousy jobs if they think this is worth an article on a web site, I get way better benefits from a much smaller company, even an extra 13th and 14th month at the end of every year.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.