Apple getting sued over iPod batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Apple Computer faces five class action suits filed in December claiming it misrepresented the battery life of its iPod digital music player, the company said on Tuesday in a regulatory filing.

The Cupertino, Calif., maker of the Macintosh computer has been buoyed in recent quarters by robust sales of the iPod. But users have complained the iPod battery wears out too quickly.

Read more: CNet News.

Wearing out quickly is one thing, having to pay $100 to get a new battery is another.

Guess they'll have to look into making it cheaper to replace or just give it more longevity.

the battery issue is unforgiveable. their next biggest competitor, Creative, have aend user replaceable lithium ion battery in the Zen Xtra. the battery is rechargeable too (and last longer per charge than the iPod). some audio sites say that the audio quality on iPod has slightly better sound quality than the Zen Xtra, but i am not positive about the truth of that however.

If only Creative's software/driver dept. was as intelligent as their hardware dept., Creative would own the market...

Sadly, I've already had to send back my Jukebox Zen within two weeks of buying it because the internal harddrive crashed due to a problem with Creative's crappy software. Then I had to wait over month to get it back.

Don't even get me started on their DVD support...

I agree with you luckton the hardware is flawless but Ive raely seen such and unstable firwire then on the zen it locks up SSOOO much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back