TechSpot

Apple getting sued over iPod batteries

By Julio Franco
Feb 11, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apple Computer faces five class action suits filed in December claiming it misrepresented the battery life of its iPod digital music player, the company said on Tuesday in a regulatory filing.

The Cupertino, Calif., maker of the Macintosh computer has been buoyed in recent quarters by robust sales of the iPod. But users have complained the iPod battery wears out too quickly.

Read more: CNet News.
  2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Wearing out quickly is one thing, having to pay $100 to get a new battery is another.

Guess they'll have to look into making it cheaper to replace or just give it more longevity.
  3. ak_in_charge

ak_in_charge TS Rookie Posts: 137

The Ipod is to expensive all around.

They need to cut cost in everything including the batterty!!
  4. BrownPaper

BrownPaper TS Rookie Posts: 467

the battery issue is unforgiveable. their next biggest competitor, Creative, have aend user replaceable lithium ion battery in the Zen Xtra. the battery is rechargeable too (and last longer per charge than the iPod). some audio sites say that the audio quality on iPod has slightly better sound quality than the Zen Xtra, but i am not positive about the truth of that however.
  5. Luckton

Luckton TS Rookie

If only Creative's software/driver dept. was as intelligent as their hardware dept., Creative would own the market...

Sadly, I've already had to send back my Jukebox Zen within two weeks of buying it because the internal harddrive crashed due to a problem with Creative's crappy software. Then I had to wait over month to get it back.

Don't even get me started on their DVD support...
  6. Shnig

Shnig TS Enthusiast Posts: 175

I agree with you luckton the hardware is flawless but Ive raely seen such and unstable firwire then on the zen it locks up SSOOO much.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.