TechSpot

Apple hosting 'Back to the Mac' event next week

By Jos
Oct 14, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has just sent out invitations for a Mac-themed event scheduled to take place next week, on October 20. The invitation -- which you can see below – depicts a touchpad-like shape with an Apple logo cut out at the center and a lion peeking out from behind. And just in case you are unaware of Apple’s history of using big-cat names for its OS updates, the company explicitly tells press members to come take a "sneak peek of the next major version of Mac OS X."

Read the whole story

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,053   +970

There are only about 36 species of cats in the world. The majority of these are either small, or not particularly well known. Point being, I'm hoping that Apple will run out of big cat names fairly quickly, and have the good taste to shut up. That said, it doesn't seem very likely that they will.

Meanwhile, I'm going to sit here and wait for them to use something like, "Fishing Cat" (Prionailurus viverrinus), Palla's Cat (Otocolobus manul), or maybe, "Margay" (Leopardus wiedii).

Or perhaps, "Ocelot" (Leopardus pardalis). This would suit Steve Jobs to a tee. He could walk it on a rhinestone leash, like the vain, narcissistic, Hollywood starlet that he is. :rolleyes:

Hey wait, That would be a great name for OS XI, "Narcissis"

3. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,535   +327

I have to admit, Very well said Captin :)

4. HAHA!!
    Nice one Captain.

5. Geez, you're such a badass, Captain. Your wit astounds me.

6. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

I applaud you, Captain, I applaud you.

7. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,053   +970

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.